Black Cherry


Happy Thursday!

So if you follow us on Facebook or Instagram, you have probably already seen this gal:

She was in pretty good shape and the best part..
She's solid pine.

Hard to find these days...
quality.


I could tell this one belonged to a kiddo because of the hellishly sticky patches in the shape of Hello Kitty left behind in a desperate attempt to remove the evidence.
(I used to be a fan of decorating my bedroom furniture with stickers. That was about as far as I could take my love of decorating at the time so I used the resources I had; Sorry, Ma.)

She did have lots of shallow dings and scuffs but because pine is so soft, we were able to smooth them out with no major issues.

So we set off to create a plan for this beauty!
We are always fans of pretty white furniture accented with classic dark walnut stain.
If you flip back through our portfolio, you will see a lot of that.

This time, we wanted to try something new.
Something a little out of the comfort zone.

Here's the idea board we assembled:

The black paired with the black cherry stain looks incredibly rich.
I know I always say this but I think it's my new favorite..

So with a plan set in motion, we got down to prepping and staining.



The finished product is pretty dang nice..




There yah go!

Another successful makeover!

If you want to catch the whole process, we have a little video on our Facebook page!

here's another before and after for you..